What Exactly is a Mobile-Friendly Website?
People often think that a website is mobile-friendly simply because they can view it on a Desktop PC. Modern websites designed with responsive web design are always mobile ready. On the other hand if your website is more than 2 years old, it is unlikely that it is mobile friendly at all.
Mobile websites are developed specifically for the needs of mobile users. A mobile website can help your business link up with new clients and improve engagement.
The Mobile Web is Growing at Light-Speed
There are 1.2 Billion Smartphone users. Are you ready for them?
Sources: Gartner, 2010; Google Mobile Optimization Webinar, 2011; Cisco, 2011
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth by 2015.
- Mobile searches have grown 400% since 2010.
- As of now 2013, more people are using mobile phones than PC’s to access the internet.
Users expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience
- 71% of users expect a mobile website to load as fast as a desktop website
- 60% of users expect a mobile website to load in 3 seconds or less
- 78% will retry a site 2 times or less if it doe not load the first time.
A poor mobile website expereince can cost you customers
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% have turned to a competitor’s website after a bad mobile experience
- 23% have cursed at their phone when i site doesn’t work
Mobile search customers want to connect with local businesses instantly
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information on their smartphone
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
- 90% of users act within 24 hrs. Wow
Apps are great, but many choose mobile websites for shopping
- 81% of users prefer mobile websites to apps for researching prices
- 79% prefer mobile sites for product reviews
- 63% prefer mobile sites fro purchasing
You can improve online purchases with a mobile friendly website
- 70% of mobile users have compared product prices on their phones
- 65% have read product reviews on their phones
- 50% of mobile searches can lead to a purchase
Source Data: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/mobileplanet/en/